Ethel was a loan shark’s mistress from Detroit. After dumping him for a better man, she relocated to the current address in Waterloo in 1994. Her sons Rob, JR, Darcy, Erik, Jimmy and Mitch now work alongside their cute cousins from the North: Shannon, Janet, Sam, Rochelle, Natasha, Tyla and Glenda.
She brought along her own World Famous Cook Crew to recreate those famous recipes from the South. Crew Chief Austin, Finch, Alex , Nevin and Isiah make it all happen.
Your host Glenn will always be happy to sit at the end of the bar and swap lies with you.
Because of our roots in Detroit, we’ve recreated some of Ethel’s favourite Southern cooking such as world famous pulled pork, homemade beans, and rajah. Everything is made from scratch.
Drop in anytime and plunk yourself down at one of our slightly used kitchen tables. And let it happen.
- This is happening right now! We also have our 8oz Homemade Burgers on for $5. Why cook! @StareCityKW… https://t.co/EGrOMB5uCB22 May 2017
- Things ya might not know about Ethel's: 1. We have lots of Parking 2.We own 2 Guess-Your-Weight scales 3. We will… https://t.co/lpBO29WlV421 May 2017
- RT @2ndgearcycle: We love sausage. And Glenn from @ethelslounge #2ndgear #grandopening https://t.co/zZV7VGOuMI20 May 2017
- RT @2ndgearcycle: Look at these beauties from @ethelslounge Ethel's Bar Car! #ethels #grandopening #2ndgear https://t.co/YnG7wOhcT620 May 2017
- OPEN OPEN OPEN That's right we r #Open w regular hours all weekend long! Also serving breakfast till 3pm on Sat./S… https://t.co/kdwBzXjXsn20 May 2017