Ethel was a loan shark’s mistress from Detroit. After dumping him for a better man, she relocated to the current address in Waterloo in 1994. Her sons Rob, JR, Darcy, Erik, Jimmy and Mitch now work alongside their cute cousins from the North: Shannon, Janet, Sam, Rochelle, Natasha, Tyla and Glenda.
She brought along her own World Famous Cook Crew to recreate those famous recipes from the South. Crew Chief Austin, Finch, Alex , Nevin and Isiah make it all happen.
Your host Glenn will always be happy to sit at the end of the bar and swap lies with you.
Because of our roots in Detroit, we’ve recreated some of Ethel’s favourite Southern cooking such as world famous pulled pork, homemade beans, and rajah. Everything is made from scratch.
Drop in anytime and plunk yourself down at one of our slightly used kitchen tables. And let it happen.
- Happy Friday!! Look what we have done for you ppl. Chicken, Ribs & Potato Salad is the Feature. @StareCityKW… https://t.co/LLiQFwM4UR21 Jul 2017
- Come celebrate Bartender/Server Darcy's 10th Anniversary of working at Ethel's. Love ya pal & thanks for all your h… https://t.co/2l6P1vN1Tl20 Jul 2017
- @martindobing Yes we do. Any amount you would like19 Jul 2017
- Today is the day we think we know how to play golf! Our Patio will be CLOSED @ 4pm today for our Annual Golf Tourne… https://t.co/sgmWgsUFqx19 Jul 2017
- Great Day for a COLD beer!! We loved @WellingtonBrew Helles Lager on the rotation tap that we decided to bring it i… https://t.co/zz9midtffX18 Jul 2017