Ethel was a loan shark’s mistress from Detroit. After dumping him for a better man, she relocated to the current address in Waterloo in 1994. Her sons Rob, JR, Darcy, Erik, Jimmy and Mitch now work alongside their cute cousins from the North: Shannon, Janet, Sam, Rochelle, Natasha, Tyla and Glenda.
She brought along her own World Famous Cook Crew to recreate those famous recipes from the South. Crew Chief Austin, Finch, Alex , Nevin and Isiah make it all happen.
Your host Glenn will always be happy to sit at the end of the bar and swap lies with you.
Because of our roots in Detroit, we’ve recreated some of Ethel’s favourite Southern cooking such as world famous pulled pork, homemade beans, and rajah. Everything is made from scratch.
Drop in anytime and plunk yourself down at one of our slightly used kitchen tables. And let it happen.
- Jim Cuddy & Kris Kristofferson after enjoying some cold beer at the #EthelsBarCar @ Ronnie Hawkins Farm Party this… https://t.co/75aUM0Akcv20 Sep 2017
- RT @MuskokaBrewery: We're bringing #HoppedUpHumpDay to Waterloo tonight! Join us at @EthelsLounge for a free sampling. https://t.co/PyAGPoE…20 Sep 2017
- Happy Hump Day K-W! Patio OPEN!!! Lunch Feature: Blackened Chicken Caesar Wrap w Chips. @KWAwesome @WatRegionEats… https://t.co/zlDJFYIO9G20 Sep 2017
- What's for Lunch? Homemade Smoked Meatball Sandwich on a toasted garlic bun topped with cheese and served with chip… https://t.co/Xkrd9ENiKN19 Sep 2017
- RT @WellyBrow: Happy National Cheeseburger Day Check out @EthelsLounge @harmony_lunch @Marbles1977 4 a great Burger & pair w a @WellingtonB…18 Sep 2017