Ethel was a loan shark’s mistress from Detroit. After dumping him for a better man, she relocated to the current address in Waterloo in 1994. Her sons Rob, JR, Darcy, Erik, Jimmy now work alongside their cute cousins from the North: Shannon, Janet, Sam, Rochelle, Natasha and Glenda.
She brought along her own World Famous Cook Crew to recreate those famous recipes from the South. Crew Chief Austin, Finch, Alex , Dave, Joel, Blake, Kev, Conor and Yo Guy make it all happen.
Your host Glenn will always be happy to sit at the end of the bar and swap lies with you.
Because of our roots in Detroit, we’ve recreated some of Ethel’s favourite Southern cooking such as world famous pulled pork, homemade beans, and rajah. Everything is made from scratch.
Drop in anytime and plunk yourself down at one of our slightly used kitchen tables. And let it happen.
- ‘‘Twas the night before St. Pats, when all thro’ the Lounge Not a shot was served, not even to Glenn; the Green Dye… https://t.co/RVX5ui2Pgm16 Mar 2018
- Why wouldn’t you want to come to Ethel’s for St. Pats. You have a great chance at winning the Limo and Leaf tix. Al… https://t.co/a5mCpSoNa815 Mar 2018
- RT @AudioKings: Elliott and the Audio Kings back at Ethel's in Waterloo on March 24th! @BustedFlat @EthelsLounge @GrandRiverBlues https://t…15 Mar 2018
- ☘️ IRISH YOGA ☘️ Who: You What: Drinking Where: Ethel’s When: Sat. Mar. 17 - 11am til ? Why: Lifetime Experience… https://t.co/bd5UC9AzVj14 Mar 2018
- RT @twobysixstring: Gig Poster for @EthelsLounge April 21st, 9-12. NO COVER. Come enjoy some live tunes, cold bevies and #greatfood at Eth…13 Mar 2018