Ethel was a loan shark’s mistress from Detroit. After dumping him for a better man, she relocated to the current address in Waterloo in 1994. Her sons Rob, JR, Darcy, Erik, Jimmy now work alongside their cute cousins from the North: Shannon, Janet, Sam, Rochelle, Natasha and Glenda.
She brought along her own World Famous Cook Crew to recreate those famous recipes from the South. Crew Chief Austin, Finch, Alex , Dave, Joel, Blake, Kev, Conor and Yo Guy make it all happen.
Your host Glenn will always be happy to sit at the end of the bar and swap lies with you.
Because of our roots in Detroit, we’ve recreated some of Ethel’s favourite Southern cooking such as world famous pulled pork, homemade beans, and rajah. Everything is made from scratch.
Drop in anytime and plunk yourself down at one of our slightly used kitchen tables. And let it happen.
- @WatRegionEats @UpTownWaterloo @StareCityKW @WhatsGoingOnKW ...and that’s the Best part 🍻17 Sep 2019
- Today’s Lunch Feature is Buffalo Chicken Mac! See you soon. Soup: Loaded Baked Potato #lunch #feature… https://t.co/Aph3r2MAtp17 Sep 2019
- Good Mornin! Today’s your lucky day! You get to come to Ethel to try the Fan Favourite Menu. It’s our last day run… https://t.co/fIHqTzRV3714 Sep 2019
- You asked for it & we put it on our Fan Favourite Menu. That’s right it’s our amazing Fish Tacos - 4 ‘Cajunized’ Ha… https://t.co/CBystFowJL13 Sep 2019
- Its FAN FAVOURITE WEEK!! Fan Favourite Chorizo Mac N Cheese Housemade @WellingtonBrew Cheese Sauce & SPICY Chorizo… https://t.co/9EVD1Y0drI12 Sep 2019