Ethel was a loan shark’s mistress from Detroit. After dumping him for a better man, she relocated to the current address in Waterloo in 1994. Her sons Rob, JR, Darcy, Erik, Jimmy and Mitch now work alongside their cute cousins from the North: Shannon, Janet, Sam, Rochelle, Natasha, Tyla and Glenda.
She brought along her own World Famous Cook Crew to recreate those famous recipes from the South. Crew Chief Austin, Finch, Alex , Nevin and Isiah make it all happen.
Your host Glenn will always be happy to sit at the end of the bar and swap lies with you.
Because of our roots in Detroit, we’ve recreated some of Ethel’s favourite Southern cooking such as world famous pulled pork, homemade beans, and rajah. Everything is made from scratch.
Drop in anytime and plunk yourself down at one of our slightly used kitchen tables. And let it happen.
- What's the difference between a dirty bus stop and a lobster with boobs? One is a crusty bus station and the other… https://t.co/4IWO3VEO3R23 Jun 2017
- RT @WhatsGoingOnKW: Who is enjoying LobsterFest @EthelsLounge in @UpTownWaterloo today? Tweet Us Your Pictures from the event! @WhatsGoingO…23 Jun 2017
- RT @WellyBrow: Happy 23rd Anniversary @EthelsLounge from all of us @WellingtonBrew Cheers to many more years!! @OntCraftBrewers #birthday…22 Jun 2017
- All set up for LOBSTERFEST!!!! Rain or shine. See you tomorrow. @WatRegionEats @StareCityKW #lobsterfest… https://t.co/gEk3JsxSCn22 Jun 2017
- Summer Solstice & our Buffalo Chicken Wrap is all happening today! Enjoy the 1st day of summer/longest day of the y… https://t.co/0WS8xg0Squ21 Jun 2017